I love the first few days of the New Year! I feel grateful for so much following Christmas and it’s the perfect time to reflect. I’m fortunate to have good health, happiness and all of the experiences and lessons learnt from the previous year.
As I have each year; I set myself goals both fitness/work related and personal goals and I thought I’d share them, hoping this will also encourage me to work hard and achieve them! I can’t believe how fast 2017 has gone but I have high hopes for 2018.
Goals for the New Year 2018:
- Complete Tough Mudder
- Climb Snowdon
- Zip on the longest zip wire in Europe
- Travel more places that I haven’t been! Hopefully Italy this year…
- Develop my own style of Pilates instructing for my own class that I start in January and complete 1-day CPD, small equipment course with my existing training provider.
- Get my Park Run (5k) time back under 30 minutes again (pre-illness) on a new woodland route and a few other personal fitness challenges to go alongside this!
- Complete at least 5 minutes of ‘duolingo’ app nearly every day in aim of improving my French!
- Complete my garden renovation (I’ve done the house now for the outside space). Level the grass, build a patio, replace the pathway, get a new garden gate, improve the fence panels, plant trees and flowers, and get a shiny new shed!
- Most importantly, I want to ensure I take regular time off work like normal people do, and learn to say no when it’s needed for my health.
So, January is always busy in my industry so I’m ready and feeling well rested after a great Christmas. Happy New Year everyone! I hope it treats you well and you achieve all and more that you set out to.
*Photo taken on Boxing Day 2017 – Fordingbridge, New Forest*